Thursday 7 August 2014

Leaving Home

As I leave the Kapiti Coast for five months in the USA, it is good to know part of me has been left behind, sitting boldly above Kelly's Footwear store, clearly visible from Pak 'n' Save . My brother took a shot of this billboard the other day and sent it to me via text saying "It's great that you're here." I replied, "It's great to be her."

I will miss walking on the beach each morning with Scott and Zephyr. I will miss Annalisa and Luke. I will miss my lovely friends and people who keep me sane when the pace of life seems fast. I will miss my wonderful colleagues and the great students we have at Paraparaumu College.

However, I will gain new experiences, new knowledge, new ideas, and see many places I have never seen before. Thank you to all of you who have given me kind words. I shall take them with me and when my courage falters, will read them again to make myself brave.

2 comments:

  1. You do have courage because you are feeling the fear and doing it anyway. I am so indescribably proud of you. Rock their socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate is right. Remember the words on the magnet I gave you - what you want lies beyond your fear and I've never known anyone as successful as you for getting what they want (I mean that in the best possible way, LOL), so you obviously know how to conquer your fears. You are a star and that is why we look up to you.

    ReplyDelete